DXC Technology Technology Consultant III in Plano, Texas
Provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams. Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers’ business needs and, consequently, for understanding customers’ businesses. As trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to insure customer satisfaction. Maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. Actively contribute to the company’s solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects. Shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers. Accountable for consistent and significant chargeability levels (or expense relief for internal project teams) and for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals. Contribute to organization’s profitability by generating and cultivating new business opportunities and by providing technical support for deal proposal development.
· Resolve single- and cross- technology incidents independently.
· Work with team members to resolve unusually complex or cross- technology incidents.
· Identify, manage, and lead escalations through L3.
· Work with others to help manage escalations through L5.
· Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area.
Change Management/Implementation: Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or IT infrastructure needs.
Patch and Security Management:
· Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance.
· Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment.
· Configuration Management: Ensure ESL Management Database entries are complete and accurate.
· Solution Design: Applies the company solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or IT infrastructure needs.
Customer Relationship Management:
· Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users regarding operational details, solutions, and proposals. Becoming a trusted advisor to the customer.
· Work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multi-functional.
· Lead teams which address operational processes and policies in work area.
· Seen as a resource to the team in one or more technical or business areas.
· Becoming a trusted advisor inside and outside the team/technology area.
Education and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities