DXC Technology Senior Associate Field Technician in San Jose, California
Participates as a member of an IT technical support and customer service team. Performs analysis and support of functional or corporate deployed service(s) using fundamental problem-solving techniques and root cause analysis concepts. Use outstanding diagnostic and deductive reasoning techniques to resolve productivity issues.
Provides on-site field support to VIP customers and provides end-user support across all end-user services provided by IT. Applies technical knowledge to support end-users for corporate issued desktop, laptop, and mobile devices, email services, and all IT client provided services. Overall, provides a world-class employee support experience with an exceptional emphasis on quality resolutions and customer support.
Resolves technical support issues of moderate to a high level of complexity within the established technical area of client computing and end-user services. Partners, as required, with members of a given team or other IT teams as appropriate to ensure problem resolution is obtained and, if necessary, the root cause is identified. Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management as needed.
Provide ideas and solutions to prevent problems and support incidents from reoccurring that impact the areas of client computing support and overall employee productivity. Reviews, implements, and verifies changes/solutions of medium and high complexity and assess risk. Ensures configuration and inventory management database entries are complete and accurate. Performs work assigned by others. Provides time/resource estimates for assigned tasks including time tracking activities where appropriate and in accordance with company guidelines.
Technical Support Responsibilities
• Provide on-site field support to customers including installation, servicing and repairing systems and equipment.
• Troubleshoot known and unknown hardware issues related to corporate-issued or provided desktop, laptops, mobile devices (phone & tablets), peripherals, and associated accessories.
• Troubleshoot known and unknown software issues related to Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Skype for Bussines, OneDrive and other corporate deployed desktop applications.
• Troubleshoot Microsoft patches, corporate software deployments, group policies, and McAfee Antivirus issues
• Build and reimage a corporate-issued PC including performing any necessary HW repair or upgrades required to solve the end-user productivity issue. Hardware replacement will occur after diagnostics are run to confirm HW repair, replacement, or upgrade.
• Troubleshooting of LAN/WAN issues impacting employee productivity in their computers. This will involve a demonstrated understanding of networking basics, TCP/IP, VPN, secure access methodologies, and wireless technologies.
• Provide excellent verbal and written communication to end-users regarding their productivity issues. This communication also needs to be provided to IT and in English (Mandatory). Local language verbal and written skills will be considered a secondary requirement if required due to corporate policy. Must demonstrate the ability to interact with end-users of all levels using a variety of active listening and empathetic listening skills. Proven ability to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical end-users both verbally as well as written.
• Documents solutions and incident resolution case notes in English in assigned reporting systems
• Performs inventory management, reporting, and ordering for the area of responsibility according to company policies using the company and organizational applications and tools. This can include but is not limited to the ordering of the following - PCs, mobile devices, hard drives, memory, ActiveKeys, LAN cables, docking stations, monitors, keyboards, mice, productivity accessories.
Minimum Education Qualification Requirement
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, is required. Masters Degree is preferred.
Minimum Experience Required
• Desired: 3 – 5 years in a corporate Information Technology department providing end-user support over a wide range of end-user environments.
• Experience with multiple infrastructure environments and understanding their relationships (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, mobile devices, end-user, and server/web related applications).
• Hardware certification such as A+ or equivalent
• Microsoft certification(s) such as MCSE or MCP
• Network certification such as CCNA, CCNP or equivalent
• Experience with business Information Technology (IT) applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship mgmt, HR, finance) will be considered a plus.
Specific Skills Required
Microsoft certification such as MCSE or MCP
Demonstrated understanding of computer hardware, operating systems functions, and components. Must be familiar with multiple makes/models of desktops and laptops and be able to disassemble, troubleshoot and reassemble hardware. Hardware certification like A+.
Knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
Strong initiative, problem-solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills.
Good organizational and analytical skills. Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity. Possess creative ability, credibility, and self-confidence while communicating established company policies and providing exceptional customer service and overall world-class employee experience.
Excellent communication skills in writing, presenting, informing, and active listening, team player, excellent people skills, out-of-the-box thinker, ability to interact with people of all levels within the company. Ability to provide superior customer service and create a unique workplace experience.
Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple organizations and achieve results. Possess creative ability, consulting skills, leadership qualities, credibility, and self-confidence.
Independence and ownership: Work with a minimum of direct supervision or guidance from others. Takes ownership for actions, seeks feedback and takes direction to support IT goals.
Desired Qualifications: Consistently shows initiative, strong teamwork for communications and collaboration, high productivity, strong organization skills, high quality/accurate work products, experience working in a global, virtual team, experience in Dynamic Leadership/conflict management training and concepts.
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities