DXC Technology Deployment Lead in Topeka, Kansas
The Deployment Lead will be responsible for working with the Configuration and Release Management team in a classified environment to fully administer the source code tools, developer access and source code. You will have the opportunity to define and implement continuous integration tools, processes, and procedures in a DevOps environment. You will work with the team to understand the current source code environment, identify issues, document success criteria, and define any initiatives to improve source code management. You will need to integrate well with an established team, using both technical and consensus building skills to support the multi-stream development.
You will have the opportunity to support technical teams with defining, documenting, baselining, and changing all configuration items. You will manage the baseline configuration for source code and related documents as well as manage and track changes to baselines.
• Coordinate and deploy configuration items into environments
• Develop hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures and ensures that they are followed on hardware and software development projects in a DevOps environment.
• Support physical inventory of assets.
• Maintain strict IT configuration control over the contract life to include policies, procedures, and hardware/software.
• Design and establish management documentation.
• Provide advice and guidance on methods, procedures, and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation.
• Design and seek agreement on the scope of the entire CM processes, including identifying and documenting the items to be controlled and the information to be captured and recorded.
• Ensure the proper baseline identification of configuration items, perform periodic audits, and provide verification of version release configuration items.
• Develop and maintain CM process standards, plans, and procedures.
• Ensure changes to the process methods and processes are properly approved, communicated and managed throughout the CM process.
• Track all problems and changes in product documents and reports changes and current configuration.
• Provide source code branching and merging policies to support a multi-work stream environment;
• Provide SCM support in branch management, merge conflict resolution;
• Develop and support tools to improve the efficiency of source code management, configuration and control for the software development and related build processes;
• Document policies and processes to be used by the team;
• Perform configuration audits;
• Identify source code anomalies and implement solutions;
• Assist with providing technical deployment documentation
5+ years’ as a DevOps Configuration Management Specialist or Senior DevOps Build Release Engineer.
5+ years’ experience implementing DevOps software configuration controls
Extensive knowledge of DevOps software build cycles
Extensive Experience DevOps deploying code
Experience supporting and working with high functioning technical teams
Experience in an Agile team structure
Experience in software architecture
Demonstrated ability to coach others in best practices
Collaboration across project life cycles
Skilled in interpersonal communication
Knowledge of MS Office Word, Excel PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook
Demonstrated ability to meet established timelines
Ability to function independently and in a team environment
Ability to present technical ideas and technical information concisely, both verbally and in writing or through presentations as needed
Experience writing technical documents
Must be an Experienced level Windows/Linux Administrator
All USA locations will be considered.
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities